Welcome to Microsoft Ignite! I’m extremely impressed by this international neighborhood and the way you’ve navigated your organizations via important adjustments over the previous few years.
In a world the place enterprise leaders are feeling the strain to do extra with much less, organizations of all sizes and industries are more and more embracing cloud applied sciences as the trail towards digital and enterprise resilience.
I’ve had the chance to talk with our prospects about their enterprise wants and the challenges they’re dealing with. Prospects, we hear you, and that is what this 12 months’s Microsoft Ignite is all about—empowering you thru cloud know-how so you may deal with what your group does finest—create, innovate, and differentiate.
We purpose to be the world’s laptop and most trusted cloud associate for all workloads. Irrespective of the place you might be in your cloud journey, we’ve the experience, capabilities, and platform to assist enhance agility, optimize know-how investments, and create data-driven experiences. To that finish, we’re asserting a number of new developments to assist our prospects optimize their assets and get essentially the most out of their present investments.
Efficiency, scale, mission-critical capabilities: Azure delivers to maintain your enterprise environment friendly and resilient
As our prospects proceed to embrace digital capabilities with robust cloud fundamentals, the “how” of cloud migration is high of thoughts, particularly for mission-critical workloads.
We work intently with the know-how distributors you may have historically relied upon to run all of your workloads and guarantee Azure is prepared so that you can modernize your on-premises purposes. We’re asserting a number of new capabilities to help this:
- Nutanix Cloud Clusters on Microsoft Azure is now obtainable for straightforward extension or migration of your present on-premises Nutanix workloads and a constant atmosphere without having to change or retool.
- Updates to Azure VMware Resolution (AVS): Starting right now, this native VMware atmosphere previews stretched clusters, offering 99.99 % uptime for mission-critical purposes requiring the best availability, and Buyer Managed Keys for max management over entry to encrypted information.
- The collaborative SAP ERP is now in preview and will increase person productiveness and focus by integrating workflows throughout SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Microsoft Groups, and Microsoft Workplace for shut collaboration with out utility or context switching.
- Updates to Azure Middle for SAP options, an end-to-end deployment and administration expertise operating SAP on Azure, now previews help for registering Home windows-based programs and putting in SAP S/4HANA 2020/2021, whereas offering price transparency via integration with the fee evaluation characteristic and much more high quality checks.
The Nationwide Basketball Affiliation (NBA) is a superb instance of a corporation that selected emigrate its SAP options and different assets to Microsoft Azure to enhance operations and increase fan engagement. Azure enabled them to spend much less time managing know-how and focus extra on producing fan-centric experiences that carry collectively enterprise, sport, and fan information to boost the way in which folks can get pleasure from interacting with the NBA.
We all know that optimizing investments frees up the assets it’s essential construct the experiences which can be most significant on your prospects.
We’re happy to announce a number of developments to ship new ranges of value efficiency, mission-critical capabilities, and safety—whereas growing effectivity and making certain your enterprise stays resilient, together with:
- The enlargement of the Azure Disk Storage portfolio with the final availability of Premium SSD v2 for larger flexibility when managing efficiency and prices.
- We’re investing that can assist you modernize your infrastructure, from the bottom up by taking a system-level strategy. We just lately launched new Azure Digital Machines and Azure Kubernetes Service that characteristic Ampere Altra Arm–based mostly processors and ship glorious value efficiency when operating scale-out Linux workloads.
- Azure Elastic SAN, a brand new cloud-native, totally managed, and massively scalable storage space community service—solely obtainable via Azure.
- New foundational Azure confidential computing service to assist shield information in use, and the addition of confidential computing capabilities to companies like Azure Digital Desktop and SQL Server on Azure Digital Machines.
Delivering data-driven experiences that provide you with extra time and worth
We proceed to boost the way in which Microsoft Azure integrates throughout infrastructure and information companies so you may preserve your enterprise environment friendly and resilient.
In Could, we launched the Microsoft Clever Information platform, integrating our best-in-class database, analytics, and information governance merchandise for a seamless expertise.
At this time’s bulletins empower our prospects to do extra with much less, add layers of intelligence to purposes, unlock predictive insights, and govern information anyplace.
- Builders can construct on their phrases with the brand new innovation in cloud-native distributed information and open-source. Azure Cosmos DB is increasing past NoSQL to help distributed PostgreSQL, bringing all the pieces builders love about PostgreSQL to Azure Cosmos DB.
- Normal availability of the SAP Change Seize Information Connector in Azure Information Manufacturing unit permits prospects to usher in SAP information for superior analytics. Azure Information Manufacturing unit’s new Microsoft Graph Information Connector for Microsoft 365 datasets transports your workplace information into Azure, so you may unlock collaboration and productiveness insights. We’re additionally persevering with to take away friction from end-user experiences, permitting you to share your Energy BI datasets throughout tenants via Energy BI B2B information sharing.
- Microsoft Purview combines unified information governance with threat and compliance options. Enterprise Workflows, now usually obtainable, and Enterprise Metamodel, now in preview, make it simpler to maximise the enterprise worth of your information and drive cross-functional information governance.
And, our new Associate Ecosystem, permits ISVs to construct on high of the open and ruled Microsoft Clever Information platform, delivering an enriched, cost-optimized experiences for patrons throughout all industries.
Rework your enterprise with Azure, anyplace
We would like you to have the ability to keep agile and versatile when extending Azure to your on-premises, multicloud, and edge environments. We meet you the place you might be, so you may mix your individual enterprise and operational edge investments with Azure’s international infrastructure to leverage the very best Azure has to supply—by yourself phrases.
With Azure Arc, we constructed a bridge that extends the Azure platform so our prospects can construct cloud-native purposes and companies with the pliability to run them throughout their present datacenters, edge, and multicloud environments.
For instance, Wells Fargo turned to Azure Arc to streamline a scalable compute platform throughout on-premises and cloud environments. And to get that very same totally managed, cloud-native expertise, they’re extending Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) to their very own datacenters. This affords the pliability to adapt to ever-changing rules and compliance necessities by operating AKS wherever it’s wanted. In flip, they’re capable of carry new services to market quicker and delight their prospects.
I’m happy to announce new Azure Arc capabilities to avoid wasting you cash and allow additional innovation.
- Growth of the Azure Hybrid Profit to incorporate AKS so you may deploy the Azure Kubernetes Service on Azure Stack HCI or Home windows Server in your individual datacenters or edge environments at no extra price. This ensures a constant, managed Kubernetes expertise from cloud to edge for each Home windows and Linux containers.
- Azure Automanage is now usually obtainable for Azure Digital Machines and Arc-enabled servers. Inside minutes, you may robotically configure servers to best-practice Azure companies with a easy “level, click on, set, overlook” expertise—whether or not they run Home windows, Linux, or are already positioned in Azure, on-premises, and even in different clouds.
Do extra with much less: migrate, optimize, reinvest
We’re centered on discovering methods that can assist you save and get most worth out of your cloud investments, wherever your enterprise could be in its journey.
We have already got pricing advantages and affords, like Azure Hybrid Profit, that can assist you obtain financial savings whereas adopting and working in Azure. We additionally perceive you could want extra assist to make sure workloads stay safe and guarded with hybrid flexibility as you progress.
At Microsoft Ignite we’re asserting enhancements and advantages to make this even simpler.
- Our flagship Azure Migration and Modernization program (AMMP) now helps you propose and deploy cloud safety companies as you migrate, together with help for Microsoft Defender for Cloud and Microsoft Sentinel. You may as well make the most of Azure innovation throughout hybrid environments with Azure Arc deployment help for workloads that want to stay on-premises.
- A brand new Azure financial savings plan for compute lets you save as much as 65 % on choose compute companies in comparison with pay-as-you-go costs.1
Should you’re additional alongside within the journey to cloud, it’s essential optimize what you’ve already invested. Instruments like Microsoft Price Administration and Azure Advisor make it easier to higher handle and perceive your cloud spend with finest follow steering and customized insights.
We would like you to have the ability to take these cloud financial savings and reinvest them into vital areas like disaster administration, safety, and clever cloud-native options that assist your enterprise keep resilient, develop, and create new worth.
You’ll be able to learn extra about how we’re investing in Azure that can assist you do extra with much less and there’s an amazing breakout session this week that may make it easier to carry all of it collectively for your enterprise.
Our dedication to you
Whether or not you’re getting began with migration, able to optimize present investments, or seeking to reinvest your financial savings and preserve innovation with cloud-native applied sciences, we’re right here that can assist you make it occur.
Our dedication is to be the cloud associate you may belief alongside your complete cloud journey, serving to you construct agility, optimize your enterprise, and create data-driven experiences.
On behalf of the complete Azure group right here at Microsoft, thanks for letting us be that associate for you. Nevertheless you’re experiencing the Microsoft Ignite classes this week—from the house workplace, gathered in Seattle, or all over the world—we hope you benefit from the occasion!
Be taught extra about Azure at Microsoft Ignite this 12 months
1Prospects might even see financial savings estimated to be between 11 % and 65 %. The 65 % financial savings is based mostly on one M64dsv2 Azure Digital Machines for CentOS or Ubuntu Linux within the East US area operating for 36 months at a pay-as-you-go charge vs. a diminished charge for a 3-year financial savings plan. Based mostly on Azure pricing as of October 2022. Costs topic to alter. Precise financial savings could range based mostly on location, occasion sort, or utilization.