Microsoft 365 (previously Workplace 365) and Google Workspace (previously G Suite) are the 2 hottest productiveness suites amongst each enterprise and SMB (Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise) clients. Each provide a wide range of collaboration and staff productiveness enhancement instruments to assist companies carry out at their greatest.
Nevertheless, with a number of options and advantages obtainable, typically it’s tough for companies to determine which productiveness resolution is greatest for them. That can assist you with that, we now have give you an in depth comparability of Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace options. We might be speaking in regards to the main options each platforms provide whereas evaluating them with one another.
What’s Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a productiveness and collaboration instrument that comes geared up with revolutionary Workplace apps and clever cloud providers backed with world-class safety.
It’s designed for house, enterprise, and enterprise customers. On this article, we might be specializing in its enterprise plans.
What’s Google Workspace?
Google Workspace (previously G-Suite) provides cloud-based productiveness and collaboration instruments for modern-day companies of all sizes.
From customized e mail options to acquainted collaboration instruments like Gmail, Chat, Meet, Docs, Sheet, Slides, Varieties, and extra – Google Workspace accommodates every thing a contemporary enterprise wants to enhance productiveness and collaborate in real-time.
Plans and pricing
Each Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace provide a wide range of plans to assist each people and enterprise customers choose a plan that works for them.
The plans for Microsoft 365 are divided into 4 classes as per totally different customers’ wants – Private and Household, Enterprise, Enterprise, and Schooling.
On this article, we might be specializing in the Enterprise Plans just for the sake of comparability. With ZNetLive, the Enterprise Fundamental Plan begins from ₹ 105 per consumer/month and the Enterprise Premium is priced at ₹ 1,502 per consumer/month. The foremost comparability options throughout plans embrace the online and cell model availability of Workplace apps, storage, e mail and calendaring, desktop variations of Workplace apps, help and deployment, and extra.
Google Workspace’s pricing can also be thought-about for enterprise customers. Customers can select among the many Enterprise Starter, Customary, Plus, and Enterprise Plans. Google Workspace’s Enterprise Starter Plan from ZNetLive begins from ₹ 123 per consumer/month. The Enterprise Plan is offered at ₹2,066 per consumer/month. Each plan contains Gmail, Drive, Meet, Calendar, Chat, Jamboard, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Maintain, Websites, and Varieties.
Microsoft 365 Vs Google Workspace – Options
E-mail: Outlook Vs Gmail
E-mail is a vital a part of communication and each Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace provide dependable and safe e mail options – together with devoted e mail apps and storage choices.
Microsoft 365’s e mail app is called Outlook. The e-mail internet hosting comes with a 50 GB mailbox (Plan: Enterprise Fundamental) with the choice to decide on a customized area title. The Outlook app accommodates e mail, calendar, contacts, duties, insights, and a variety of different instruments that will help you work effectively. It permits sharing attachments straight from OneDrive. You may also ebook convention rooms or observe RSVPs for conferences straight out of your Calendar. It has built-in intelligence with automated invoice funds and reminders.
The e-mail app supplied by Google – popularly often called Gmail is way more than a easy emailing resolution. It permits customers to speak, make voice or video calls, and collaborate in actual time. It additional provides customized e mail – that will help you arrange an expert e mail in your firm like [email protected] or [email protected] You may also create group e mail IDs like content [email protected] You may join together with your colleagues utilizing instruments like Google Meet or Chat or ship calendar invitations from inside your Gmail account.
Gmail Vs Outlook at a look
|Interface||The Outlook Interface may be accessed via the highest bar often called Ribbon. It has a number of options and totally different ribbons for various views like Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and so on.||Gmail’s inbox is extra streamlined – whereas it doesn’t have as many options as in comparison with Outlook. Gmail makes use of Labels as a main filter that will help you arrange your inbox.|
|Accessibility||Outlook has each internet and desktop variations. It’s primarily an e mail consumer.||Gmail is principally a webmail service. Nevertheless, it can be accessed on a desktop utilizing third-party apps.|
|Storage||Outlook makes use of OneDrive for storage.
The Enterprise Fundamental Plan comes with cloud storage of 1 TB.
|In Gmail, customers can save recordsdata in Google Drive.
The Enterprise Customary plan comes with 30 GB of cloud storage.
|Safety||Customers have the choice to encrypt emails earlier than sending them.||The emails are encrypted utilizing TLS (if the receiving get together helps TLS).
It additional helps two-step verification.
|Group||• Outlook permits customers to arrange their mail based on totally different classes like by undertaking, by the consumer, by significance, and so on.
• You may flag vital emails and even color-categorize them.
• New messages on the identical e mail thread seem as single entries within the inbox
|• Gmail permits customers to mark emails as belonging to totally different labels and classes.
• As an alternative of flags, you may star mark messages as vital and never vital.
• Gmail helps thread view – all messages associated to a dialog may be considered as a single merchandise.
|Customizability||In Outlook, you may change the looks of the app utilizing customized themes. Nevertheless, it isn’t as versatile as Gmail.||Gmail provides a great deal of customizability and themes to make your inbox look enticing.|
Communication: Microsoft Groups Vs Google Chat
Video conferencing is a vital a part of trendy staff communication and collaboration, particularly within the distant working period.
Each Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace provide devoted video conferencing functions – Microsoft Groups and Google Meet, respectively. Microsoft Groups is a complete video conferencing and collaboration instrument that permits groups to remain related on the go; share recordsdata and paperwork; chat, name, or just share the video. It comes with a variety of options to assist groups keep related and innovate rapidly. It comes as part of the Microsoft 365 providing. Nevertheless, it’s also obtainable as a standalone app (relying on the plan).
Google Meet, previously often called Hangout Meet, is a video conferencing instrument supplied by Google – each as a standalone resolution and as part of Enterprise Plans. With options supporting easy scheduling, sharing screens, broadcasting inner occasions, and so on. – it helps you keep related in a digitally scattered world. In contrast to Groups, Google Meet is only for video calls and conferences.
Microsoft Groups Vs Google Meet at a look
|Microsoft Groups||Google Meet|
|Free Trial||Out there||Out there|
|Usability||It’s perfect for Microsoft 365 customers or enterprises with massive groups.||It’s perfect for Google Workspace customers and each small and medium sizes companies.|
|Accessibility||You want the desktop model.
It additionally helps Cell App.
|It may be utilized in a browser.
It additionally helps the cell app.
|Options||• Customizable Backgrounds
• In-transit encryption
• 250+ app integrations
• Display sharing
• Straightforward Visitor Entry
|• Audio and video preview display
• Stay captioning
• Customizable backgrounds
• Display sharing
• Google Workspace Integrations
Storage: OneDrive Vs Google Drive
Once we discuss cloud-based productiveness suites like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, we can’t stress the significance of storage sufficient. Engaged on the cloud, you’ll need ample storage to avoid wasting your knowledge together with recordsdata, paperwork, pictures, and so on.
Microsoft 365 provides OneDrive as its cloud storage software. It permits customers to retailer, share, and sync crucial knowledge and recordsdata. As it’s primarily based on the cloud, customers get to take pleasure in anywhere-anytime entry together with sturdy knowledge backup and safety measures in place. The Enterprise Fundamental Plan provides 1 TB of cloud storage – which is kind of beneficiant when in comparison with Google Drive. (Extra on this later)
Google Drive is a particularly fashionable cloud storage resolution – amongst each particular person and enterprise customers. Similar to OneDrive, it lets you retailer, share, and collaborate on paperwork and entry recordsdata through any machine, pill, or every other machine. It’s a cloud-native software and thus eliminates the necessity for native recordsdata and minimizes the danger of knowledge loss. Speaking in regards to the entry-level storage obtainable – the Enterprise Starter Plan provides 30 GB of cloud storage per consumer.
OneDrive Vs Google Drive at a look
|Free Plan||Customers get 5GB of free storage.||Customers get 15GB of free storage.|
|File Sharing||Customers can share recordsdata through hyperlinks or ship them on to customers’ e mail ID through OneDrive. Extra safety and sharing options can be found with the assistance of SharePoint servers.||Customers can create shareable hyperlinks or straight add customers.|
|Options||• Doc Scanning
• On-line picture storage
• Private Vault
• PC folder backup
• Actual-time enhancing on Workplace paperwork
|• Permits to view any kind of file and helps Microsoft Workplace recordsdata as nicely
• Group collaboration
• Constructed-in editor
• Converts PDFs to Docs
• Doc scanning
Content material Creation Apps
Microsoft 365 – the acquainted Workplace Apps
Microsoft Phrase: Microsoft’s legacy doc writing and enhancing app – Phrase, doesn’t want any introduction. All Microsoft 365 plans include Phrase – nonetheless, the desktop model isn’t included within the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Fundamental. You will want to make use of the online model. Phrase is changing into higher with each new replace – discover new integrations and clever options to make writing enjoyable. For extra characteristic entry, you need to use the Desktop model.
Microsoft Excel: In a data-driven world, crunching numbers is a vital a part of on a regular basis life. Microsoft Excel lets you retailer, share, and arrange knowledge. Use trendy formulation to carry out calculations and current knowledge in a compelling format. Once more, it’s obtainable with all Microsoft 365 Plans – with the desktop model not obtainable within the Enterprise Fundamental plan.
Microsoft PowerPoint: With PowerPoint, you and your staff can create highly effective and well-designed slides. Even if in case you have no designing expertise, you should use built-in options and design options supplied in PowerPoint to create impactful slides. It now additionally helps 3D objects and animations. You may convert handwritten notes into textual content utilizing the applying.
Google Workspace: Content material creation on-the-go
Google Docs: Docs can be utilized straight from a browser and customers don’t want to put in any software program for utilizing it. It permits real-time enhancing, and each change is mechanically saved. The Doc recordsdata are saved in Google Drive. The built-in chats characteristic permits customers to speak whereas enhancing. You may also import Microsoft Phrase recordsdata to make them immediately editable. Nevertheless, a number of the codecs may change.
Google Sheet: For knowledge group and administration, Google Workspace provides Google Sheet – a sensible and collaborative spreadsheet. Similar to Excel, it additionally permits customers to make use of formulation for calculations. It additional helps traits and customizable visualizations.
Google Slides: For creating displays, Google Workspace provides Slides. It lets you work on a single presentation with real-time collaboration in order that your consumer or your staff can work on a presentation collectively. You may management who will get permission to edit, view, or add feedback. In terms of Phrase and knowledge processing functions obtainable in Microsoft 365 – customers have the choice to work offline through the use of the desktop variations of every of the apps we mentioned above. Furthermore, the desktop variations have extra options in comparison with the browser variations.
Cell Apps – Microsoft 365 Vs Google Workspace
Each the productiveness suite options provide cell apps (iOS and Android) for added performance and productiveness.
You may also discover separate apps for Microsoft 365 functions like Microsoft Phrase, Groups, OneDrive, Excel, and so on. One of many enticing choices is the supply of a single app – Workplace Cell. It helps customers to view and edit Phrase, Excel, and PowerPoint recordsdata from a single software while not having to modify. (If you wish to learn extra on it, click on right here)
Google too provides cell variations of Gmail, Drive, and Meet. Nevertheless, the cell apps of each the productiveness suites are restricted by way of characteristic help as in comparison with their full-fledged internet and desktop variations.
Superior Options in Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
Aside from the frequent options – there are just a few superior options that each these productiveness suites provide – that you have to pay attention to earlier than making a purchase order.
Microsoft 365 Superior Options
- Actual-time co-authoring: This characteristic lets you co-author paperwork in actual time alongside together with your teammates or your purchasers.
- Sharing Hyperlinks: With this characteristic, as a substitute of attaching recordsdata to emails, you may insert a hyperlink and handle permissions like enhancing and viewing. This makes doc sharing fairly straightforward.
- Energy Map in Excel: This characteristic can assist you flip knowledge right into a map with highly effective and interactive knowledge visualization.
- Convert to PDF: This characteristic lets you save paperwork to PDF model simply with none formatting points.
- Work Offline: Microsoft 365 helps you’re employed offline and sync modifications when related to the web. There may be additionally the model management characteristic that will help you choose the correct model of any doc.
- Planner: With Microsoft Planner, you and your staff can plan workflows and arrange collaboration – assign and share duties.
- Good Mail Muddle: This characteristic makes use of mailbox guidelines to mechanically arrange mail – in order that high-importance ones are seen first and different emails are moved to the Muddle folder.
Instructed Studying: 8 thrilling options to concentrate on in Microsoft 365
Google Workspace Superior Options
- Confidential Mode: It’s a safety characteristic that permits Gmail customers the correct to manage who can copy, obtain, print, or ahead emails and attachments. Customers can even add an expiration date to their emails for added safety.
- Doc Versioning: Doc versioning in Google Workspace apps helps you observe modifications in a doc – who made these modifications – when these edits had been made. You may roll again to a most popular model of the doc and even title them individually.
- File sharing via Drive: Gmail customers can straight insert recordsdata from Drive (as much as 10 GB). The automated synchronization of all Workspace-created recordsdata to Drive is one other added benefit.
- Offline Mode: Google Workspace permits customers to work offline i.e., with out an lively web connection. All modifications to the file are synced as quickly as you hook up with the web.
- Pageless Docs: This format helps you take away the boundaries of the web page you’re engaged on. This lets you share the web page throughout any machine or display – making it simpler to work with broad tables.
- Smarter Assembly Notes: This characteristic mechanically imports any related data from a Calendar Assembly invite.
Work in Meet: With this, you may straight current your content material (doc, slides, or sheets) on a name with out having to modify home windows. It additionally provides dwell captioning in Meet.
Administration and Safety: Microsoft 365 Vs Google Office
Each Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace may be managed from an internet interface.
Directors can create a number of consumer teams, assign insurance policies, configure safety choices, verify notifications, view occasions, and so on.
Google Workspace assigns Tremendous Admin and Delegated Admin roles. By default, when a consumer indicators up for a brand new account, he might be assigned the Tremendous Admin function. As a brilliant admin, you may assign new roles and delegate tasks.
Microsoft provides an Admin middle from the place you may handle varied Microsoft 365 functions. You may handle facets like Customers, Teams, Roles, Help, Billing, Sources, Well being, and so on. via the admin middle.
Each Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace take the safety of their purchasers significantly. A number of safety features can be found to assist customers safeguard their accounts and forestall knowledge loss or theft. Each options help multi-factor authorization. With larger subscription plans, you get superior safety features.
Google Workspace provides safety features like:
Superior Safety Program – supplied to essentially the most weak customers akin to celebrities, journalists, and enterprise leaders.
Vault: It’s an e-discovery and data governance instrument. With this, admins can maintain data and even delete any probably dangerous data.
Knowledge Loss Prevention: It permits admins to create and apply guidelines to manage the content material that customers can share outdoors the group.
Safe LDAP: It offers a easy and safe approach to join LDAP (Light-weight Listing Entry Protocol) -based functions and providers to Cloud Id or Google Workspace. Extra on this, right here.
Different safety features embrace group-based coverage controls, endpoint administration, cloud id premium, context-aware entry, safety centre, S/MIME (Safe Multipurpose Web Mail Extensions) encryption, assured controls, and entry transparency.
Microsoft 365 provides the next safety features:
Microsoft Intune: Intune helps directors handle entry to knowledge from endpoint gadgets. It’s obtainable on larger subscription plans.
Superior Risk Safety: It permits directors to configure filters that may establish and detect malicious hyperlinks and attachments. It was lately rebranded as Microsoft 365 Defender.
Trade On-line Safety: This characteristic protects Microsoft 365 customers from spam and malware assaults.
Different safety features embrace safety and privateness controls, customized permissions, password insurance policies, and extra.
Each Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace have devoted 24/7 cellphone and e mail help.
Admins and customers can discover a number of how-to articles and technical documentation round fashionable assist subjects. You may also take assist from licensed Google Workspace and Microsoft specialists.
Conclusion: Microsoft 365 Vs Google Workspace: Which is best?
Each Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace are glorious productiveness suites. Whereas Microsoft 365 provides much more options, Google Workspace is nice in relation to simplified collaboration.
Should you should determine, you may suppose by way of these factors:
- Value: Whereas the entry-level enterprise plans supplied by each the options are considerably comparable, there’s a broad hole in cupboard space. In Google Workspace Enterprise Starter, you solely get 30 GB of cloud storage for ₹125 per consumer/month versus Microsoft 365 Enterprise Fundamental which provides 1 TB of cloud storage for a similar worth. Nevertheless, the upper subscription plans in Google Workspace have beneficiant storage choices if you wish to discover.
- Storage (each file and e mail): Do you have got a big and rising staff? Does your staff work remotely? Distant groups want extra on-line storage for simpler collaboration with the onsite groups.
- Scalability: If you’re a startup or small enterprise, you may need to go together with entry-level plans. For rising groups and enterprises, Microsoft 365 looks like a greater match with added safety and collaboration instruments.
- IT assets: For small companies with a restricted IT workforce, Google Workspace may come in useful with fewer admin administration complexities. Whereas Microsoft 365 Starter and Enterprise degree plans are simpler to handle, the identical can’t be stated for the Enterprise degree plans. You may want a devoted IT staff to handle the safety entrance.
- Free Trial: The Microsoft 365 plans come for a free trial of 1 month – fairly beneficiant as in comparison with Google Workspace’s free trial of 14 days.
- Desktop Purposes: The strongest argument in favor of Microsoft 365 is the supply of desktop apps for phrase processing, spreadsheet, and presentation. It’s fairly helpful for organizations that work on MS Workplace Recordsdata and needs to ship, obtain, and edit recordsdata offline too.
Some extent in favor of Google Workspace right here is that you would be able to edit each Google Docs and MS Workplace paperwork with Google Workspace. Microsoft 365 solely helps MS Workplace paperwork.
- Unique Apps: Microsoft 365 provides functions like Sway and Stream. These apps or their equal aren’t obtainable in Google Workspace.
If you’d like assist in deciding which resolution might be proper for what you are promoting, you will get in contact with our consultants at gross [email protected]
Hope this text will show you how to make an knowledgeable choice.
Priya an ambivert by nature, believes in giving form to her concepts via her write ups. She is an mental one that loves exploring and researching about new issues. In her free occasions she loves studying novels together with some delicate music.