On this weblog put up, we’ll speak about what Utilization Meter 4.6 Offline Reporting is and who it’s for.
Offline reporting is meant for companions who use Utilization Meter in information facilities with no Web entry. These companions can nonetheless report their utilization information every month by following the steps described on this weblog put up. Offline reporting is really helpful for use solely when there is no such thing as a different means for reporting, corresponding to utilizing a proxy server.
Moreover, offline reporting is simply relevant for the new Utilization Meter 4.6 deployment.
What’s vCloud Utilization Meter offline reporting?
Let’s first begin with what offline reporting is. Offline reporting is when Utilization Meter is configured in offline mode. On this mode, your Utilization Meter equipment collects utilization information with out sending it to Cloud Companion Navigator (CPN). This reporting technique doesn’t require entry to the Web, and your utilization information is saved regionally in your Utilization Meter equipment.
Who can use offline reporting?
Offline reporting with Utilization Meter 4.6 can be utilized by companions who need to meter their utilization information in information facilities with no Web entry. For safety and compliance causes, these companions require that their utilization information is just not routinely despatched to the cloud.
Word: Should you plan to make use of offline reporting, you have to inform your aggregator that you’ll manually add your utilization information to Cloud Companion Navigator.
The right way to allow Offline Mode in Utilization Meter v4.6 equipment?
- Deploy the Utilization Meter 4.6 equipment by downloading it from right here.
- On the time of Utilization Meter Initialization on the Community connectivity part choose Handbook Add.
- Save/Copy the Utilization Meter ID quantity to register the equipment to VMware Commerce Portal.
- Ship the Utilization Meter ID quantity to your gross sales consultant for the utilization aggregator who will generate the token.
- Get the token out of your authorised sale consultant or aggregator and paste the token within the Tokens area and full the initialization.
- After the initialization, add the supported collectors (VMware merchandise) for metering.
So principally, the idea of the token is new in Utilization Meter 4.6 for offline reporting.
What to do with the collected utilization information?
You must obtain your utilization information as soon as the month completes or a number of occasions all through the month after which go to Cloud Companion Navigator and add it. Alternatively, you should use the Utilization Meter 4.6 downloaded file, unpack the file and add scripts obtainable by means of my.vmware.com.
On the finish of the month, you’ll have your utilization information populated in your month-to-month billing order in VMware Commerce Portal. Nevertheless, you continue to have the possibility to examine your utilization earlier than submitting your MBOs and manually edit them if there may be such a necessity.
Necessary concerns for utilization information add:
- It’s essential to totally add your utilization information for the reporting month to vCloud Utilization Perception inside the first 48 hours of the next month. The reporting interval begins at 12:00 AM UTC on the primary day of the month and ends at 11:59 AM UTC on the final day of the month. Thus, you need to add all of your utilization information no later than 11:59 AM UTC on the second day of the following month. After importing your utilization information for the month, you possibly can delete the uncooked information you’ve got downloaded.
- Should you add your utilization information outdoors the reporting interval, then you have to open a service request to add your utilization information.
- Should you attempt to add utilization information that has already been uploaded to Cloud Companion Navigator, then this information won’t be uploaded twice.
Different Helpful Assets:
To seek out out extra about Utilization Meter 4.6, please use the next sources Launch Notes, Product Documentation and What’s New in Utilization Meter v4.6 Weblog.
Alternatively take a look on the cloud options Net Web page and the Utilization Meter 4.6 Offline Demo.
Bear in mind, to get the newest updates, examine this weblog usually, you can also discover us on Slack, Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn in addition to many demo movies and enablement on YouTube, particularly our Function Fridays collection.
You possibly can obtain Utilization Meter 4.6 from right here.
Click on the beneath hyperlinks to entry:
Have extra questions?
Contact us at [email protected] or depart a reply.